2019’s winner at Smart City Expo World Congress announced ایجاد شده توسط : piri در 11/26/2019 4:04:20 PM
The global awards are presented annually to the most impressive city innovation and transformation initiatives.
Cities that have excelled in digital transformation, mobility, urban environment, inclusivity and sharing, governance and finance, and innovation are among those named as finalists in the 2019 World Smart City
City Award finalists
The 2019 edition of the WSCA is one of the biggest editions to date and registered over 450 entries from 59 different countries in its seven categories.
Six cities have been named in the prestigious City Award category, which was won last year by Singapore. They are:
• Bristol (UK) for its Connecting Bristol initiative;
• Curitiba (Brazil) for the Case Vale do Pinhão Innovation Ecosystem programme;
• Montevideo (Uruguay) for the Montevideo Smart City with equity, inclusion and environmental sustainability project;
• Seoul (Republic of Korea) for the Data Driven Smart City initiative;
• Stockholm (Sweden) for the GrowSmarter: transforming cities for a smart, sustainable Europe project;
• Tehran (Iran) for its Smart Tehran programme.
The winners were announced at Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC), organised by Fira de Barcelona on 20 November.
The judges said Stockholm’s strategy to create a smart and connected city via innovation, openness and connectivity to improve living conditions and the business environment stood out.
The jury, including representatives from Barcelona City Council, the UITP International Association of Public Transport, UN-Habitat, the World Bank and Smart City Expo World Congress, noted Stockholm’s smart and integrated solutions in a number of climate-action-related areas, such as low energy districts, integrated infrastructure and sustainable urban mobility
The city of Stockholm, Sweden, was named as the Smart City of 2019 at the Smart City Expo World Congress event in Barcelona.
Tehran for its Smart Tehran programme was also among the nominees for the award.