Geography & Demographics
History & Culture
In the City
Out of the City
Tehran is the capital of Iran and Tehran Province. With a population of around 8.8 million in the city and 15 million in the larger metropolitan area of Greater Tehran. Tehran is the most populous city in Iran and Western Asia and has the second-largest metropolitan area in the Middle East.
1st Festival and Exhibition of Sister and Twin Cities of Tehran
In a global village where communication and digitalization have lifted many boundaries between nations, local governments of cities are demanded to join hands and work together to serve their citizens in the best manner. Sisterhood among cities is a productive platform to synthesize efforts, means and facilities among cities in that regard.
As such, Tehran Municipality intends to invite its Twin Cities to gather in Tehran to participate in the 1st Festival and Exhibition of Sister and Twin Cities of Tehran to share experiences and display their capabilities and opportunities for joint projects and bilateral or multilateral cooperation.
The event is a unique opportunity for mayors and city officials of dozens of cities from across the world to meet and share their ideas and capabilities for cooperation with Tehran or with each other.
Date: 5-9 July (3-4 considered for preparations)
Venue: Goftogu Exhibition Center, Tehran
1. Smart Cities & Knowledge-based Management
2. Environment and Clean Air
3. Waste Management
4. Urban Tourism
- Technical Lectures and Seminars
- Cultural Side Events on Ethnic and National Cuisine, Art and Costume
- Municipality of Tehran will humbly offer a free pavilion to each city to introduce their experiences, cooperation capacities and ideas to build better cities.
- As private sector plays a significant role in municipalities and local governments’ projects, participating cities are highly encouraged to invite their most important contractors to join the exhibition to have a chance to build up connections for further cooperation with Tehran Municipality and other participants. Each city will be provided with up to 2 free pavilions for its private sector partners. Extra pavilions will be available with remuneration.
Free accommodation is provided for esteemed mayors (and their spouses,) and up to 3 other delegate members for each city representatives.
Should you require further information please visit our conference website at: https://en.tehran.ir/twins or contact (email@example.com).
Missions & Strategies